When you are posting something on the internet, the most important factor that you need to keep in mind is the SEO of the content. An SEO-optimized content is one that has the proper keyword, ranks better on the search engine, and has rich content. Here we will talk about a type of keyword that is essential for SEO, i.e., Latent Semantic Indexing Keywords.
Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) Keywords: How to Use LSI Keywords?
Table of Contents
What are LSI Keywords?
LSI ( Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords are a conceptual term that is used by search engines to understand the content deeply on the webpage. This amazing technology was introduced and patented by its developers in 1989 and is illustrated as "the methodology for retrieving textual data objects.”
So, we understand that these LSI keywords are used to organize a topic on the page and categorize them for better indexing. However, some people define the addition of related words and phrases in an article as the addition of LSI keywords.
The Importance Of Related Words And Phrases On a Page
Earlier, Google scrawler used to categorize a webpage on the basis of a word that is repeated several times in the article. The keyword density will define what is the category of the article. But now, Google crawler uses a different technique to categorize the type of content. It looks for any words related to the main keyword in the article; for instance, if your main keyword is “clothes,” then it will look for words like pants, socks, stitches, etc. Therefore, LSI keywords, aka “related words and phrases,” are of vital importance when it comes to the ranking of a webpage on any search engine.
Best Practices To Find LSI Keywords
Some of the ways to find LSI keywords are as follows -
- By using online tools like Keyword Tool and Ubersuggest.
- Search your main keyword in the google search and look at all the Google autocomplete suggestions in the bold listed below the search box. These are your LSI keywords.
- Use LSI graphs to find out all the related words and phrases for your topic.
- Look at the “ Related Searches” section of the google search result page and pick all the words in bold as LSI keywords.
Where To Use LSI Keywords
LSI keywords or related words and phrases can be used in several locations of any article. Some of these are: -
- The title tag of the article
- In the alt text of images
- In Heading 2 or Heading 3 of the page
- As the H1 tag in the article
- Body of the article
- URL (Permalink)
Does Google Use LSI in Their Algorithm?
This is all the information you would need to understand what LSI keywords are, how to find them and how to use them. By using LSI keywords, your website will surely rank better on Google.