If you are just getting started with your online campaigns, you could be wondering how you can write your article on Google so that your audience can find and read it. This is especially true when you need the article to appear on search as soon as you post it. If it’s any consolation, you are not alone. Many newbies wonder about the same too. But it isn’t rocket science. In fact, it is as easy as writing your article and pressing the publish button.
Google may take an indefinite amount of time to crawl to your content. However, when time is of the essence, and you need your campaign to reach the target audience fast, waiting for the crawlers may not be an option. In which case, you may decide to submit the article on Google manually for faster consideration. But the question becomes, how do you write an article on Google?
Google is the number one search engine today. It holds the leading position in search with a big difference of 65% from Bing, which is in second place. A 2018 report by net market share revealed that 73% of searches were powered by Google, while 7.91% by Bing. Other search engines include Yahoo, ask.com, AOL.com, Baidu, WolframAlpha, DuckDuckGo, Internet Archive, and Yandex.ru.
Going by the numbers, it only makes sense for you to want to have your article published on Google – because that’s where your clients hang out. So, how do you go about the process?
Here is how:
- Open your Google browser, key in this link of the search box https://www.google.com/business/ and click enter.
- Hit on the “Posts” tab, then select your post type – since you will have different options including article, story, video, poll, and event, you should be specific with what you want. In your case, it’s an article.
- Follow the on-screen prompts
- You can then click on “Preview” to have a glimpse of how your article will appear on Google search. Once you have seen, you can click “Create” to go back to the editor
- Hit the “Publish” button that’s on the top right to post your piece on Google.
The good thing about posting your article directly on Google is that it will appear on searches immediately. You won’t have to wait for the crawlers to reach your pages first. Again, you’ll have the power to edit or delete the post. You will also be able to schedule the article to display at a particular time in the future – or schedule it to appear for more or fewer days.