Branding is the ultimate aim of any business. It is satisfying for the owner of the business that people recognizes their logo or punchlines among the billions of other brands. Other than providing quality of products and services, the continuous brand promotion is what makes consumer market a fan of your business.
Earlier times were less competitive. Due to unavailability of free informative material regarding the business world, the entrepreneurs relied more on their logical thinking. The traditional ways of marketing like using newspaper, magazines, pamphlets, hoardings, banners, etc. were enough to bring sufficient gathering to the stores.
Now the world has changed, drastically. Today’s era is a digital age. Every aspect of the business, education, health, employment, housing, and learning has got concentrated on browsers and mobile apps. Whether you start a personal blog, a franchise, an invention, or any traditional business, it must make it to online listings on various digital platforms.
Digital branding through digital marketing
Digital Marketing is no doubt the most popular medium among marketers. This is obvious since internet users have grown by 82%, or almost 1.7 billion people, since January 2012.
Digital marketing involves sending out information about your business over the internet, by using any or all, of the following online activities:
- Websites and SEO content
- Internet banner ads
- Online video content
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Mobile marketing (SMS, MMS, etc.)
- Online Reputation Management (ORM)
- Local SEO
Each activity has its specific geographic and audience reach. And the best part is, each of these activities provides a customization option based on your business needs.
Just like any other traditional marketing method, digital marketing helps in publicizing the brand, over a course of time. There are two methods known- organic marketing and paid marketing. When you keep posting promotional content about your business over different discussion forums, social media, own website, other’s websites and let the marketing take its own pace, we say it is an organic marketing. While paid marketing is self-explanatory; multiple online platforms run services like PPC, AdWords where a payment model is followed to attract relevant eyeballs towards your business’ listings. The major game here is consistency; if the marketing is done at a correct platform with regular involvement, the people tend to start talking about you and your business in relatively less time duration. Thus, the branding totally depends upon how rigorous the marketing activities are pursued.
Few Facts that would prove the importance of digital branding
- What better can tell you the importance of digital branding than the successful statistical data. Here are some facts which would compel you to take on digital marketing as one of the priority tasks:
- Companies that use digital marketing strategies have 2.8 times better revenue growth expectancy than those who do not.
- Small and medium scale enterprises will have 3.3 times better chances of expanding their workforce and business if they follow digital marketing techniques.
- 90% of people trust the information about the brand, product or service if that data comes from the people they are acquainted with.
- 42% of consumer opens Email from familiar senders only.
- The business that participates in blogging at least 15 times a month, gets 5 times the traffic.
- Use of infographics to share business information allows the company to grow an average by 12%.
- Facebook has #1 influence over the purchases, as claimed by 47% Americans.
- Conversion rates can increase by 86% if a video about business information or process is embedded on the landing pages.
- Out of total mobile searches, 88% are done for searching local businesses.
- 81% of consumers use their smartphones to research for products and services.
The conclusion is drawn from the above facts
There are some significant numbers which dictates how much growth one can expect if digital marketing is followed. Clearly, no business wants to remain aloof. There are lots of options to choose from – mobile responsive website, local business listings, blogs and press releases, social bookmarking, online reputation building activities, and numerous others.
You now know where all your audience is looking for products and services. You would not want to miss meeting them on their spot.